TISSUE PATHOLOGY TESTING SERVICES
- All tissue pathology testing will be done at Diagnostic Pathology Medical Group, Inc.,
- 3301 C Street
- Ste 200e
- Sacramento, CA 95816.
- Phone (916) 446-0424
- Fax (916)446-9330.
- After collection by the clinician, the specimen will be placed in the appropriate fixative (neutral buffered 10% formalin) The formalin containers are available in the Laboratory.
- Tissue pathology requests are entered into PNC. An automatic question box opens at the time of ordering so the specimen description can be entered.
- Billing is automatic through PNC once the specimen is accessioned by the lab staff.
- Send specimens to the laboratory. Lab staff will log the specimen on the pathology log and bag it for the Quest courier. The log will have a patient PNC sticker and a description of the specimen. A copy of the PNC requisition is also filed.
- Results are received electronically via the interface with Quest. They are also mailed and the color copy is scanned into the electronic chart. Biopsy reports are retained for 10 years.
- Technical questions and requests for reports may be directed to DPMG medical services at (916)446-0424. Our account number is 273.
- The client account representative may be reached at 1-800-288-8008 x1141.
- Pick up of specimens is twice per day via the regular Quest courier or on Saturdays by calling the Quest logistics department at 1-800-288-8008 ext. 3.